EN|RU|UK
 Society, Incidents
  35136

 Russia’s special services tried to take advantage of the tragedy in Kostiantynivka: unrest was resolutely suppressed - Herashchenko

The Russian Federation special services attempted to take advantage of the accident in Kostiantynivka to destabilize the situation in the region. "The incitements to excite a riot, to slay our military, etc., started to be spread" in social networks immediately after the information about the terrible accident became public.

The Ukrainian servicemen guilty in the accident in Kostiantynivka and instigators of mass riots will be brought to justice. Russia's special services tried to take advantage of this tragedy but the unrest was resolutely suppressed, Verkhovna Rada deputy and Advisor to the Minister of Internal Affairs Anton Herashchenko announced, Censor.NET reports citing zn.ua.

"Let's speak without disguise. The pro-Russian forces, led by the Russian Federation special services, tried to take advantage of this terrible tragedy that occurred in Kostiantynivka due to the fault of soldiers from the 81st Brigade," Herashchenko said.

He pointed out that "the incitements to excite a riot, to kill our military, etc., started to be spread" in social networks immediately after the information about the terrible accident appeared.

"The unrest was resolutely suppressed. Those who were involved in its organization were established. They will be arrested and brought to justice," the adviser to the head of the Interior Ministry said.

Read also: Situation in Kostiantynivka settled - Donetsk region police head

As for the serviceman, who ran over and killed the child, "he will certainly be prosecuted," Herashchenko said.

"There was the accident. The punishment for the child's death and doing her aunt injuries is up to 10 years in prison under Article 284 of the Criminal Code. The elements of crime were clearly defined," the adviser to the head of the Interior Ministry said.

This case is under the control of the Main Military Prosecutor Anatolii Matios, he added.

"The trial will take place in the near future. It will most likely be held in the Donetsk region and will be open to all media," he said.

"We will not allow trying to take advantage of the situation to excite riots in the frontline town," Herashchenko said.

Concerning the information that the military was in a state of alcohol intoxication - the relevant examination is under way. If this is confirmed, it will serve as an aggravating circumstance, and will increase the sentence, Herashchenko said.

The General Staff reported earlier that the 81st Brigade's commander is suspended from duty for the duration of the investigation. Two soldiers suspected of being involved in the accident were arrested, Lt. Gen. Serhii Bessarab said. The soldier from one of the military units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine lost control of the armored vehicle and ran over pedestrians in the town of Kostiantynivka in the Donetsk region yesterday, March 16. A woman and a baby were injured as a result of the accident. Besides, the woman's 8-year-old niece died from received injuries.

See also: Road accident in Poltava region killed seven people. PHOTO+VIDEO

 
 
 
 up