EN|RU|UK
 World, Ukrainian Politics, Incidents
  115257

 West getting ready for bad scenario in Donbas – Ukrainian Foreign Ministry

According to Foreign Ministry spokesman, Western leaders believe that the meeting in Minsk on Feb. 11 is the last chance to resolve the conflict in the Donbas peacefully.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Yevhen Perebiynis said on air of Channel 5, Censor.NET reports citing Ukrinform.

Read also: French Foreign Minister: Number of fundamental issues has to be agreed before Minsk summit. We have not achieved results yet

"The West is still hoping for some constructive solution of the situation. Though it is preparing for a bad scenario," he said.

Perebiynis explained his conviction by "the statements which can be heard from Russia, the Russian government and the Russian diplomats in Munich, which, in particular, do not have any indication that Russia is willing and able to go to some sort of trade-off in these issues."

"Therefore, I believe that we also approach to the Minsk talks with cautious optimism today but must be prepared to a different scenario," Foreign Ministry spokesman explained.

Read also: Sanctions against Russia postponed at the request of Ukraine - Schetyna

He stressed that patience is not unlimited: "The West's patience with regard to Russia's actions actually has its limits. The rhetoric that has been demonstrated both by the German Chancellor and French President last week, as well as today's by Barack Obama, suggests that the event to be held on Wednesday is probably the last chance yet to come to some general agreement, to a peaceful settlement of this situation" Perebiynis summed up.

Read also: EU added 19 Russian individuals and nine companies to sanctions list

Источник: https://en.censor.net.ua/n323923
 
 
 
 
 
 up