According to Tymchuk, currently the Russian-terrorist troops have completed the formation of four attack groups:
- Luhansk striking force (in the area of Pervomaisk, Luhansk, Stanytsia Luhanska);
- Horlivka-Donetsk striking force;
- Volnovakha-Telmanove striking force;
- Novoazovsk striking force.
"Information Resistance group estimates these brigades to consist of about 14-15 thousand Russian mercenaries and the Russian Federation regular servicemen, as well as 10-12 thousand militants from local gangs," Tymchuk states.
In addition, the situation report says of the following equipment on the strength of these groups:
- 110-115 tanks;
- 250-280 armored vehicles such as IFVs, APCs, and multi-purpose light-armored towing vehicles;
- 80-100 cannon and rocket artillery units;
- About 500 units of other vehicles including Russian army armored KamAZ trucks, tankers, and improvised gun trucks.