As reported by Censor.NET citing Interfax-Ukraine news agency, after the hearing was resumed earlier in the day with Yanukovych's private lawyers in attendance, the court started considering his motion in which he officially declined state-appointed lawyer Yuriy Riabovol's services.
Yanukovych's lawyers asked the court to grant this motion, and Riabovol himself supported them as well. "I would ask you to review the court ruling of Aug. 1, 2018, which directly orders ensuring uninterrupted engagement of an appointed lawyer, namely me, in the proceedings, which does not comply with the law," Riabovol said.
Prosecutors objected, and the court ultimately dismissed the motion by Yanukovych's lawyers on declining lawyer Riabovol's services. Judge Vladyslav Deviatko said in his resolution that the ex-president's lawyers have committed multiple procedural violations and often abused the right to defense throughout the proceedings.
At the same time, the judge stressed that the court did not order dismissing Yanukovych's private lawyers from the proceedings.
After that, the court allowed the prosecutors to present their case in the debates, but the lawyers started shouting and interrupting them.
"Considering that Viktor Yanukovych's defense lawyers are taking steps aimed at disrupting the judicial proceedings, the court instructs the administrator of the proceedings and the National Police to ensure order both in the courtroom and outside it. In particular, the court asks for removing any equipment which it didn't allow using and which obstructs the prosecutor from exercising his right to speak in judicial debates and the court from conducting the proceedings," Deviatko said.
Photos and video by Censor.NET