As reported by Censor.NET, a spokesperson for the Zakarpattia Regional Prosecutor's Office Viktoria Popovych told Ukrinform that the crime had been defined as a terrorist attack while the prosecutor requested to remand the suspects in custody without bail option.
"The Uzhhorod regional court holds a bail hearing of two residents of Kropyvnytskyi charged with committing a bomb attack on the office of the Hungarian Cultural Association in Uzhhorod on Feb. 27. The case is being heard in Uzhhorod as the offense was committed in this city. The prosecutor requests the court to remand the suspects in custody without bail option. They are charged with malicious destruction and damaging of someone else's property. Moreover, the crime was yesterday defined as an act of terrorism," Popovych said.
According to her, the pre-trial investigation of the case is going on. The suspects have already been interrogated by the investigators. However no motives for the attack on the office of the Hungarian Cultural Association have being disclosed.
As reported, two attacks were committed against Uzhhorod-based Hungarian Cultural Association office in February: an arson attack on Feb, 4 and a bomb attack on Feb. 27. No one was hurt in both attacks but the first floor of the office was scorched in the last one caused by a powerful blast.
On March 4, the National Police reportedly solved both crimes. Five suspects in attacks were apprehended while their mastermind – a foreign citizen – was put on the wanted list.