"We continue consistently implementing the defense reform. 2017 will be marked in the history of our Army with the following major achievements:
- The servicemen’s motivation was significantly improved
- The ratio of contract servicemen in the Ukrainian Army has substantially increased
- The defense planning and management system is being consistently reformed
- The provisioning of the Armed Forces with weapons and military equipment has been improved
- The quality and efficiency of troop’s training have significantly risen
- The groundwork for efficient logistics system has been laid
- The medical support of the Armed Forces has been improved
- The military infrastructure is being successfully restored
- The network of military educational establishments has been expanded
- The international support for the reform effort has strengthened
“I am grateful to everyone who joined the effort to reform the defense ministry," the minister wrote.
Moreover, he said that the Armed Forces have put into operational service 1,400 new and modernized pieces of weapons and military equipment over the year. The ministry also managed to significantly increase cooperation with NATO: 40 percent of the General Staff bodies already operate under the NATO procedures; 17 new provisioning standards have been introduced. 109 command and staff exercises, 32 brigade-level drills, and 12 tactical flight trainings were conducted in line with the NATO standards as well.