Director of the Center for Military and Political Studies Dmytro Tymchuk wrote about it on his page on Facebook, Censor.NET reports.
According to him, the forces of ATO continues to liberate cities and districts from the terrorists. In turn, the militants are trying to take the initiative and turn the tide in their favor.
Read also: Over 10,000 Russian Troops Are Massed at Ukrainian Borders - Pentagon
Tymchuk also noted that terrorists continue to try to regain lost territories near Donetsk and Horlivka. Also they are regrouping in the area near Luhansk, Pervomaisk, Alchevsk, and Stakhanov in order to prevent the encircling and blocking of their forces. The militants are also taking steps to retain under their control the areas of the state border with Russia.
Read also: Kerry Announces a Possible New Truce: Ukrainian Authorities are Ready for Mutual Ceasefire
"Near Dubrovka terrorists attack positions held by the ATO forces. After a mortar attack was carried out, the terrorist group attacked with support of 7 tanks, which arrived last night from the territory of Russia," Tymchuk wrote.
Also he said that the terrorists also shelled positions of the ATO forces in the following areas:
- Stukalova Balka (using small arms and AGS-17, no casualties among the Ukrainian troops);
- the Luhansk airport (using BM-21 "Grad", an armored tractor and truck forces ATO are destroyed);
- Pisky village (using small arms, RPG and AGS-17, no losses among the Ukrainian soldiers);
- the Dovzhanskyi checkpoint on the border from the Russian side (using artillery, no losses among the Ukrainian soldiers);
- Dmytrivka (using small arms);
- Haiove (using mortars, no losses among the Ukrainian soldiers).
According to Tymchuk, now the Ukrainian forces are preparing for to liberate Pervomaisk.