Yulia Tymoshenko, leader of the 'Batkivschina' party, said this in her statement, Censor.NET reports.
Yulia Tymoshenko speaks:
The terrible tragedy occurred today over the territory of Ukraine. 295 innocent people, including 80 children, became the victims of the war, which the Russian Federation conducts against Ukraine. It is a matter of honor of the global world to severely punish all those who are guilty in this crime.
I would like to express my most sincere condolences to the families of the innocent victims who were traveling in the peaceful skies.
The day before the tragedy the Russian government warned the democratic world that Russia will retaliate for the sanctions imposed. I think that this is Russia's terrible answer.
We continued repeating all the time that the conflict in the eastern regions of Ukraine is not a civil war among Ukrainians. Instead it is a military aggression of Russia against Ukraine, and this aggression threatens the whole world.
Today the world has got a direct confirmation - 295 innocent victims, as a bloody addition to the hundreds of Ukrainians who died defending Ukraine.
Russian terrorists have proved that they have nothing different from Al-Qaeda; and the world should treat them as Al-Qaeda.
If the world will not act together with Ukraine, the scale of the catastrophe would increase every hour.
1. The world community should publicly declare the fact that Russia is conducting the war against Ukraine and to acknowledge that this war poses a threat to the whole world.
2. To conduct promptly an independent international investigation of all the circumstances of the destruction of the civil plane and officially identify all the persons responsible for this large-scale crime.
3. To start a lawsuit in the International Criminal Court against all the persons responsible for the crime.
4. To protect people of the free, independent countries using all the power of the NATO alliance.
5. To impose the third level of financial and economic sanctions against Russia as an aggressor country.
The only thing we cannot allow us doing - is to remain idle.