"We still do not have clear and confident information that what you said will begin on July 15,"Lysenko said.
Earlier on Monday, head of the Center for Military and Political Studies and coordinator of the Information Resistance group Dmytro Tymchuk said that confirmation had been received of the penetration into Ukraine of Russian special forces units. "During the day we have observed movements of units and military equipment across the border from Sumy and Luhansk border detachments. Terrorists and Russian mercenaries continue their attempts to relocate automotive and armored vehicles to Ukraine, firing at locations of border units," Lysenko said.
According to Lysenko, today around 4:30am the terrorists fired at positions of the Ukrainian troops and border guards near Diakovo village. There are no losses from the Ukrainian side. "The recent events suggest that the Russian side is aiming to escalate the conflict in the Donbas. During the last week, the number of provocations on the Ukrainian-Russian border has significantly increased. The militants systematically shelled the Russian territory using mortars and small arms that resulted in a death of a Russian citizen. The Russian side tries to present these attacks as committed by the Ukrainian military. But these accusations are groundless," he said.
Lysenko said that the Ukrainian side has evidence that these attacks are not conducted by the Ukrainian forces. He noted that the Russian side has repeatedly violated the airspace of Ukraine, usually a few times a day the Russian militants and equipment attempt to break into the territory of Ukraine. Such breakthroughs occur with the support of the Russian border guards. "There are detected cases when the ATO forces are shelled from Russia. Ukraine has evidence for the appropriate international response," he concluded.