This was announced by Defense Minister Pavlo Lebedev on Wednesday, February 20, at a meeting with Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoygu in Crimea, reports ZN.UA.
"We have a lot of unresolved issues that we are stuck with. One of them - the allocation of berth for Ukrainian Zaporizhia submarine, which will be released by the factory soon," said Lebedev.
He recalled that at the time of dividing the fleet the berths were also divided. "And the Ukrainian side has received Balaklava which is a demilitarized zone now," said Lebedev.
Zaporizhia submarine of Project 641 (1970 year of construction) has been undergoing repairs at the Defense Ministry plant in Sevastopol since 2009. Russian specialists have prepared the submarine which for 20 years was in a state unfit for combat for testing. Last year, the submarine made several exits for sea trials. In addition, the submarine participated in the Ukrainian-Russian exercises "Fairway of Peace 2012."