EN|RU|UK
  25657
Related materials:

 All detainees released, none suffered physical injuries, - Donetsk police chief

The National Police has released activists of the Donbas trade blockade detained at the Kryvyi Torets crossing point.

National Police Deputy Head Viacheslav Abroskin said on Facebook, Censor.NET reports.

According to him, a total of 45 people from eight Ukrainian regions have been detained, including eight former ATO combatants and six previously convicted persons.

"As of this morning, they have all been released, none of them has been injured," Abroskin said.

"One of the detainees comes from the Zhytomyr region and was previously convicted for murder. He spent nine years in prison and was released in 2013. He claims being taken along with other blockade participants to the Donetsk region, given money and promised 400 hryvnia a day during a three week duty at a blockade checkpoint.

Police sources told Censor.NET that the detainee is Ivan P. Odochuk, born in 1982, unemployed, registered in the village of Dolishnii Shepit in the Chernivtsi region, a resident of Zhytomyr. Earlier, he was brought to criminal account under a number of articles of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. No data on his participation in hostilities in the Donbas is available.

Watch more: Chernivtsi City Council calls extraordinary session to support Donbas blockade, address government. DOCUMENT (in Ukrainian)

A Donbas blockade checkpoint at the Kryvyi Torets railway crossing was dismantled by law enforcers on March 13. The information was confirmed by Samopomich MP Semen Semenchenko. A video footage with the seized weapons of blockade participants was released later.
   
 up