This was announced by the founder of the Bellingcat international volunteer group Eliot Higgins, Censor.NET reports citing Segodnya.
He reminded that the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) and Bellingcat stated that Buk came from Russia. He is sure that the JIT would not make such a politically explosive statement, if they were not sure.
Higgins also reminded that the new videos JIT have provided during and after the press conference on Sept. 28, 2016, convinced Bellingcat even more of their previous conclusions.
Bellingcat founder added that people, who are still trying to claim that it was Ukrainian Buk, are just hopeless.
Last week, Bellingcat reported that the transportation of Buk surface-to-air missile launcher, used to take down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17, was carried out by retired Russian Major General Sergey Dubinsky, also known as "DPR" militant nicknamed Khmuryi.
On Sept. 28, 2016, the Dutch-led Joint Investigation Team (JIT) came up with a report on the first official results of the probe into the MH17 tragedy. The JIT said the plane was shot down with a Buk missile launched from a separatist-controlled area. According to the investigators, the launcher arrived from Russia, while some 100 people were involved in its transportation and operation.
Related materials: Russian terrorists downed MH17
Russia's lawyer in ICJ: Buk launcher was intended to repel armed strikes by Ukraine's military aircraft(0)
Dutch Public Prosecution Service says a lot remains unclear in radar images obtained from Russia under MH17 downing investigation(0)