Censor.NET reports referring to an article by the Bellingcat MH17 Investigation Team.
Earlier, Bellingcat claimed the involvement of the 69th Separate Logistics Brigade of the Russian armed force in the transportation of the launcher. The investigators arrived at the conclusion based on a number of social media photos taken by the military in the Rostov region during the transportation.
Earlier, Censor.NET published exclusive photos of the hangar and the submunitions of Russian missile Buk-M1-2 involved in the downing of Boeing MH17 in the Donetsk region on July 17, 2014. It was established that submunitions that hit the Boeing exactly match those from the warhead of the latest Russian anti-aircraft missile Buk-M1-2. The system was developed in 1997, put into service of the Russian army in 1998, and was never delivered to Ukraine. In addition, independent experts from Germany, England and Poland studied the fragments of the debris and concluded they were part of a Russian Buk missile. Modern chemical analysis has identified the composition of the metal and found parts of the glass and skin of the same downed Boeing that had been cut by these elements prior to hitting the people.
In November 2015, President Poroshenko visited the Netherlands and said that Ukraine would take advantage of its membership in the U.N. Security Council for the investigation of the MH17 tragedy.
In May 2016, Australian law firm LHD filed a lawsuit against Russia and Russian President Vladimir Putin to the European Court for Human Rights on behalf of the relatives of those killed in the downed aircraft. According to the lawyers, Putin comes as key culprit and has to pay $10 million for each killed passenger.
On July 17, 2016, Poroshenko said that Russia was the only country inhibiting the investigation into the MH17 crash.
"Russia, abusing the right of veto, blocked the decision of the U.N. Security Council to establish the International Tribunal to investigate the downing of MH17, which is an indirect and logical proof of its involvement in the crime. In spite of this, we and our partners are working and doing everything necessary to ensure accountability of all those behind this tragedy," the Ukrainian leader remarked.
On Sept. 28, 2016, the Dutch-led Joint Investigation Team (JIT) came up with a report on the first official results of the probe into the MH17 tragedy.
The JIT said the plane was shot down with a Buk missile launched from a separatist-controlled area. According to the investigators, the launcher arrived from Russia, while some 100 people were involved in its transportation and operation.
Related materials: Russian terrorists downed MH17
"Person with call sign Khmuryi identified in many wiretapped terrorists’ conversations," – SBU spokesperson on MH17 probe(0)
Dutch Public Prosecution Service says a lot remains unclear in radar images obtained from Russia under MH17 downing investigation(0)