This was announced by Defense Ministry spokesperson on ATO matters Oleksandr Motuzianyk at a briefing on Tuesday, Censor.NET reports.
He said Russian occupation forces were extremely aggressive against Krasnohorivka, having launched one of the heaviest mortar attacks in recent months in this sector: "In less than three hours, militants deployed in the vicinity of Staromykhailivka fired more than 80 shells of various calibers on our positions."
"In the area between Pavlopil and Shyrokyne, clashes continued throughout the day. However, the enemy used heavy weapons (mortars) only in the extreme south and only at nigh," Motuzianyk said.
An enemy sniper has been firing upon Novotroitske for two days in a row.
"Overall, 26 enemy attacks were registered in the Mariupol sector over past day, of which five involved mortars," the spokesman said.
As previously reported, two Ukrainian soldiers were wounded yesterday.
Related materials: Russian aggression against Ukraine
Russian militants covered Krasnohorivka with IFV weapon and mortar fire, - ATO HQ posted images of morning shelling outcomes. PHOTOS(0)