EN|RU|UK
  713
Related materials:

 Minsk-banned weapon use in Donbas increased by 250 percent since Dec. 19, - OSCE Monitor Hug

OSCE's Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) in Ukraine says the cease-fire was not in place in the Donbas during the winter holidays.

This was announced by Deputy Chief Monitor of OSCE in Ukraine Alexander Hug at a briefing, Censor.NET reports citing Ukrainski Novyny.

Hug said it seemed like those who had been firing in the Donbas over the past three weeks had forgotten about Christmas. On Jan. 7, Orthodox Christmas Day, SMM monitors recorded cease-fire violations in all known hot spots in the Donbas, Hug said.

Read more: All Russian members of OSCE mission either GRU or FSB officers, - Ukrainian Army Gen. Kremenetskyi

He said half of all cease-fire violations since Dec. 19 took place in southeast direction from the east of Svitlodarsk.

Monitors have recorded a 250-percent increase in Minsk-banned weapon use since then, which includes tanks, mortars, artillery, and MLRSes.

At least 3,374 explosions with the above mentioned types of weapons have been recorded since Dec. 19, the deputy chief monitor said.

Read more: Most cease-fire violations reported near Svitlodarsk and Debaltseve, - OSCE

Monitors recorded a destruction of a kindergarten in Luhanske village and a church in Debaltseve, both in the Donetsk region.

Hug said the disengagement areas near Stanytsia Luhanska and Zolote/Petrivske are relatively calm and has seen much less fire and violence.


   
 up